Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Noble Group - Commodities Play


Noble has became one of my most favorite stock to punt in recent days. Every time I touched this counter, it made me money. It was a tricky session with Noble yesterday where it played with my psychology a little bit. However, this time round, I wasn't chasing the market like I did in KepCorp the other day. I allowed the market to rally until it turned exhausted so it presented me an opportunity to take a short. I took a short at 1.435 and thereafter the market came down. I smsed Robin to tell him that both Wilmar and Noble were weak without any rallying power. I was happy after it came down but at the same time I covered my shorts minutes later because I saw a suddenly surged and was afraid my profits would turned to losses.

I was mad at myself but experience had told me that if I don't react fast, profits would turned loss. Nevertheless, my initial judgment was correct. I should hold on instead of taking profits so fast! So I shorted back the second time and thereafter the rest is history. Of course, this time round, I had not taken my profits and is planning for a swing trade until the market turns. Now, what I want to highlight was it takes gumption to trust and believe in your judgment. If you really believe in yourself, you should follow your initial trading plan until it breaks.

Ronald K