Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Punting Big Caps


Today was just a spectacular day in the making. Market definitely had some strength and it forced me to take my noble profits. I was still looking to short until the market finally turns. Of course, I did not made any losses while shorting. I shorted DBS and OCBC however I saw something very peculiar. I made a big profit in OCBC and after that it was all taken back. Why? Because the bid/ask price was so damn manipulated. I shorted at 8.3 the market went down to 8.22, however the ask price was still hovering around 8.29 - 8.30. What was that???? And when the market finally rallied, I need to cover it back at 8.30 which was my short price. I did not gave up, minutes later, I saw another turn and I shorted DBS and it was the same thing! Until finally the market went down further and further to allow me to rip my profits and go. KepCorp exudes the same behavior, however it was not so bad. From this incident, it made me thought for a little while and I discovered a way to punt big caps like what you saw on my DBS profits. I will share this method during the gumption seminar, so that you won't made the same mistake like I did.

Ronald K