Saturday, May 5, 2012

Public vs BBs

I saw many comments yesterday and what I wanted to share is this. I saw more votes on BBs than Public which is normal because who doesn't want to be a BBs so that he can manipulate the market and make money? However do you know that BBs sometimes failed their operations too? Look at Mewah, it is one of the stock that the BBs did not made a lot of money and failed many times in their marking up campaign. Moreover, to be a BB, you need a lot of cash to buy up shares during a heavy down market and in the process if you get it wrong, you might sustain a big loss too. I can list many stocks that have failed operation and things went wrong.

On the flip side, being a public is better. First there is no stress on money issue, you only trade what you have and if you loss, then you are only responsible for yourself. Second, you have less pressure as you are solely on your own and not pressure from CEOs/Directors to markup stocks and you can have good rest which is important for health. What is the point of earning so much $ and get your health into bad shape and later spend endless $ on it? Third, if you are a BB, you better make sure you know how to play the game well or your name will be tarnished and it's hard to climb back again. I have seen many BBs who are smart, but they failed to deliver during crucial times and it's hard for people to trust them again. There are only few prominent ones who made it like the Yanlord operator. To me, he is a very smart and shrewd operator, because when you think it's going up, he can flush you down and vice versa. Fourth, this is the MOST important one. BBs cannot track your activity, however once you gained insight and knowledge, your job is to time your sales as close as the BBs and profit with them. This to me is most important, because you are invincible and you are playing the game along with the BBs. You can hide your trades but they can't hide their activity in the charts.

So conclusion, I will be a public. There are pros and cons of course and there is no right or wrong answer. But at the end of my journey, what I really want is a happy family and good health. It doesn't matter how much money I made or lose in the process of speculation. When it is all set and done, I can look in the mirror and say I did my way. I constantly ask myself why I want to trade, not because I want to win money, but because I want to beat the game. To beat the game doesn't mean you have to trade big to win a lot of money, even if you trade 5 lots and the next day or moment you made realized profit, you got it right and that gives you extra confidence in your skills. When someone says its impossible to spot bottom/high or it's impossible to buy before breakout, I had done it all in my 1 year plus of blogging. Some days I win, some days I lose but nevertheless I enjoyed this journey as I gained a lot of experience and new knowledge each day but more importantly, speculation is to know myself better when it comes to my personal being like emotion, patient, fear, greed etc. To be mentally successful, until one can look at money and say it's just a tool to trade in the market and nothing else, he shall reach there one day because he had learnt to let go of money first and cultivate the intangibles. Robin is one person I knew who achieved that, so that's why he is a millionaire.

Ronald K - Market Psychologist - The Big Speculator