Tuesday, August 21, 2012

STI - Trading Over Holiday Period


Trading through holiday is never an easy thing. I remember I lost $10k where I was holding positions over a long weekend where Friday being a holiday. The following Monday, my profits was wiped out due to being greedy and hopeful and also because the market was heavily gap up when I shorted on a Thursday. I learnt my painful lesson from there on and one of my golden rules was never trade through a holiday period unless I am willing to pay for any unforeseen consequences if any. Today was the same thing, just when everyone thought it was a short on last Friday, STI just went higher in the morning.

In my course, I shall guide and impart some golden rules to follow to avoid unnecessary trading/losses. As for how I knew the market will open higher today, I shall share that to the lucky few who are coming tonight. It's truly not easy to "calculate" or I should say speculate directions when holiday is involved. Gill just told me there is a few more seats left, interested parties can come tonight. Thank you.

By the way, someone asked me about Cosco in my last preview and I told the crowd it is going to react. Did it react today? You judge for yourself. Same goes for ChinaMinZhong when I told the crowd I was bullish in this counter.



Ronald K - Market Psychologist - The Big Speculator